Kennel Puckings Hemsida
Forum start Forum start > Kennel Puckings > Framgångar
  Aktiva ämnen Aktiva ämnen
  Vanliga frågor Vanliga frågor  Sök i forumet   Registrera Registrera  Logga in Logga in

CES 2022: A year of catching up for the smart home

Skicka svar Skicka svar
Författare
Meddelande Sortera i omvänd ordning
upamfva Visa Drop Down
Hemtam
Hemtam

Uppkopplingsstatus: Frånkopplad
  Citera upamfva Citera  Skicka svarSvar Länk till detta Inlägg Ämne: CES 2022: A year of catching up for the smart home
    Skickat: 2022 Mar 14 kl 03:30
The 2022 Consumer Electronics Show is nearly half over, but the more impactful news is already out. Thanks to the pandemic, it feels as though last year’s CES let the industry take a breath and this year’s show is about catching up. There’s also much to look forward to in 2022 based on some of this week’s announcements, including a new standard for connected appliances. To get more news about home security products, you can visit securamsys.com official website.

It’s nearly impossible to cover every IoT and smart home development at this annual event. And it’s even more difficult when you’re not actually there. Again, thanks COVID! So here’s a logically grouped overview to get you up to speed.
Although it’s been officially around since its debut in 2019, HomeKit Secure Video (HSV) hasn’t been adopted by the entire connected camera industry. That’s a shame because it encrypts your video streams and keeps them private on Apple’s iCloud servers. This week, however, added a few more brands and products to the fold.
It offers a wide 178-degree field of view and a dual-band Wi-Fi chip supporting both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals. The new Eve Outdoor Cam also debuted, with a price of $249.95 and arrival in April. It has a 157-degree field of view and an integrated floodlight. This is actually the first HSV camera with a spot or floodlight. Unlike Wem’s new doorbell, you only get a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radio inside.

Cameras aren’t the only new HomeKit devices on the way. I’ve been thinking about replacing my Yale x Nest smart lock for some time and Schlage may have nudged me to take the plunge. The company introduced its Schlage Encode Plus Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt that works with Apple’s HomeKey. This allows you to lock or unlock the door by holding an iPhone or Apple Watch near the lock. Digital keys are stored in the Apple Wallet app but there’s also a numeric keypad and remote control to enable or disable the lock.
The new Encode Plus also works with Amazon and Google smart homes too, although you don’t get Apple’s digital key functionality with those. Sounds great (to me) save for the pricing: This will cost $299.99 when it becomes available in the spring.

Eve also made official its previously announced smart blinds, which support the Thread protocol. I like that the motor batteries can be recharged with a USB-C cord and that the controls run locally. Waiting five or more seconds for the cloud to lower my blinds wouldn’t be ideal. Pricing is based on fabric and sizing options, which can be viewed at official retail partners in Australia, the E.U., and the U.S.
TP-Link is finally taking the HomeKit plunge with a new line of products under the Tapo brand. Initially, a HomeKit 1100 lumen bulb, three-outlet plug, RGB light strip, and dimmer switch will be made available. A smart hub, motion sensor, button, and door/window sensor also arrive in 2022.

Alexa and Google Assistant everywhere continues
I still think we have too many smart speakers in the home but I suppose some feel there’s always room for more. Last year, the Lenovo Smart Clock arrived with Google Assistant, and this year, there’s a version with Alexa. The Lenovo Smart Clock Essential with Alexa debuts this month for $59.99.
There’s an optional charging dock for this device but it doesn’t charge the clock. That runs on battery power. Instead, you can wirelessly charge a Qi-compatible phone or watch using the dock.

Sengled is bringing Alexa and Google voice control to its new 48-foot RGB Wi-Fi Outdoor String Lights and plans to launch a Wi-Fi Portable Lamp that runs on rechargeable batteries sometime this year. We previously covered the Cync Smart Thermostat on our podcast that works with both Amazon and Google homes which costs $120. But the company was showing it off this week in case you missed the announcement.Abode has a new $79.99 Wireless Video Doorbell and 800-lumen tuneable Color Bulbs that work with both ecosystems. The doorbell is battery powered, provides person and package detection, and offers a 2K resolution sensor that can be viewed on an Amazon or Google smart display. It arrives in April while the new lights are available now in a 2-pack for $29.99.

Not to be outdone by Amazon’s own smart microwave, Panasonic added Alexa to its own. The Panasonic Smart Inverter Countertop Microwave Oven can be controlled by voice using its own microphone or any other Alexa Echo product. You can find it in stores this March for $299.99 if you want to nuke your food by voice.
Tillbaka till Toppen
 Skicka svar Skicka svar

Forum hopp Forum rättigheter Visa Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a